Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer. I’m 21 years old, and I’m a college student. I’ve been cooking since I was 16, and since then I’ve been crazy obsessed with cooking, recipes, and learning about food. I stopped eating beef, pork, and poulty when I turned 18, and since then I’ve tweaking my favorite foods, like lasagna and enchiladas, to become meatless and taste just as comforting and delicious. So, by looking at this site, you’ll find tons of great people-pleasing meatless meals. And if you do eat meat and fish, have no fear. I still eat fish (I am technically pescatarian), so there are also are plethora of seafood recipes, and since I am constantly trying to expand my food repertoire, I will also post meat recipes that have been taste-test approved by friends and family. I’m your girl for all your culinary needs! I’m constantly looking for new recipes and using new ingredients to expand my learning, and I watch Food Network religiously. I hope I can teach you how to make your food taste great, whether with meat or without!
A few more things about me –
1. I’m currently in the middle of my 3rd year in college, struggling with my passion for food and my desire to try to be realistic and have a 9 to 5 job that won’t make me as happy.
2. I think about food 24-7, more about cooking it than eating it. I’m the type of girl who can spend 2+ hours cooking a huge elaborate meal, serve it to my family, and then eat cereal for dinner. I really love cooking, but when I’m done, I’m not hungry anymore. I’m really weird!
3. I love animals, and have dreamed about getting a dog for as long as I can remember.
4. I’ve been with my boyfriend since I was 16!
5. I am crazily thorough about cooking, and if someone asks me a question about how to prepare something, a lot of thought and focus goes into my answers before I respond, to try to be as helpful as possible.
6. I would stay in and watch a movie over partying any day.
7. I’ve auditioned for Food Network shows twice as well as for Masterchef. I remind myself to stay out of my comfort zone!
P.S. I make YouTube videos, watch them here 🙂